Shuttle regularly depart: 10:00AM, 01:00PM daily
30/08/2022 Update: Only the 1:00PM shuttle is departing daily at the moment, until demand increases post the COVID19 pandemic!
Ride the official Bonorong Shuttle departing from Hobart twice daily. Our shuttle is timed to meet the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary scheduled tours.
Learn about our truly unique Australian and Tasmanian wildlife, experience the Tasmanian devil munching on a snack and learn more about our endangered animals. You can feed the Kangaroos and you might even be lucky to see a joey in the pouch. See the Koalas, Wombats, native birds and more in a truly unforgettable experience not to be missed!
Come join us today or add Bonorong to one of our other day tours or personalised day tours in and around Hobart.
Learn more about the sanctuary at:
Bonorong is funded entirely by their entry fees. This means every time they rescue an animal it is because someone like you visited! They do not receive government funding.
- Shuttle Cost: $39 Adults (15 Years+), $35 Children (4-14 Years), $30 Infant (3 Years & Under)
- Pre Bookings essential to avoid disappointment.
- This shuttle departs all year round.
- Bonorong entry: Family 2 adults, 2 children $95; Adult $32; Child 3-15 years old $18; Infant 2 and under FREE. (entry fees not included in shuttle cost).
- Tour Duration 3 hours return, per departure.
- Available option to come back on a later shuttle, but you must book yourself a seat on that later shuttle to guarantee the shuttle will return to collect you and that you have a seat on that shuttle.
- Departing the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre in Hobart. (16 – 20 Davey St, Hobart, TAS 7000)
- Bonorong Shuttle departs Hobart at 10:00AM, 01:00PM daily.
- Shuttle departs Bonorong at 12:30PM, 03:30PM sharp.
- Our Bonorong Shuttle will meet the Bonorong 11:30AM, 01:30PM scheduled tour timings.
- Our Shuttle has a minimum of 2 pax per departure, if this requirement is not met by the day of departure unfortunately we may have to cancel the departure. If this happens you will have the option to purchase a second ticket for a maximum cost of $78 Return to Bonorong, this will meet our minimum requirement to run and is cheaper for a return trip then either a taxi OR Uber would be. Otherwise you will be entitled to a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE: During the cruise ship season spanning October to March. On cruise ship port days only, we run an alternative schedule to increase our capacity to meet the higher demand on these days. Please see our alternative cruise ship schedule below.
(Cruise Ship Bonorong Shuttle Schedule)
- Cruise Ship Bonorong Shuttle departs Hobart at 9:45AM, 11:15AM, 01:00PM, 2:30PM – Cruise Ship Port Days Only.
- Cruise Ship Bonorong Shuttle departs Bonorong at 12:15PM, 01:45PM, 03:30PM, 05:00PM – Cruise Ship Port Days Only.
- This alternate time table is in effect for the cruise ship season only and only on port days with large cruise ships in port.
- Please double check our booking form and your booking confirmation for your most up to date departure time.
- Please feel free to email us if you have any further questions.
- We run either our Daily Schedule above OR our Cruises Ship Bonorong Schedule based on perceived demand. (Not both together)